Ragi flour (Sprouted)
Millet Flour is a fine flour made from whole sprouted millets. The process of making millet flour involves several steps, including:
- Cleaning: The whole millet grains are first cleaned to remove any impurities.
- Dehulling: The outer layer of the millet grain, known as the hull or husk, is removed using a dehulling machine.
- Soaking: The cleaned millets are soaked in water to reduce the anti-nutrients.
- Sprouting: The soaked millets are germinated under proper conditions.
- Dehydrating: The sprouted millets are solar-dried.
- Grinding: The millets are finely ground.
- Air-dried: The millet flour is then again air-dried to reduce their moisture content and improve their shelf life.
You can use millet flour is used to make various dishes such as roti, bhakri, porridges, koozh, ambali..