Our Oils are extracted in a Ceramic and wooden expeller. These units typically consist of a ceramic bowl or hopper that is fitted with a press that is used to crush or grind the raw material, and a spout or outlet that allows the oil to be collected. This method is the actual “cold pressing” because it doesn’t involve any heat, neither chemical solvent, which preserves the natural flavor, color, and nutritional quality of the oil.
Low rpm (revolutions per minute) refers to the speed of the press used in the cold pressing process. A low rpm press operates at a slower speed to preserve the nutritional quality of the oil.
Here’s a general overview of the steps involved in the extraction of cold pressed oils under low rpm:
- Preparation: The raw material is cleaned and sorted to remove any impurities or debris.
- Pressing: The press operates at a low rpm <4 RPM.
- Filter: The freshly pressed crude oil is passed through leaf press filter (made with banana fibre) to remove the particles and heavy sediments that inhibit the shelf life of the oil and also improves the density of the oil.
- Storage: To the oil is stored in a cool, dark place to help preserve its quality and prevent oxidation.
The specific details of the cold pressing process may vary depending on the type of raw material, but the general principles remain the same. Cold pressed oils made under low rpm can be a healthy and flavourful addition to a variety of dishes, and their gentle extraction process that preserves their natural nutritional value adds to a healthy diet.
The Ceramic oil extraction unit and the processing methodology is patented under IPR, claiming the higher nutrition retention factor and absorption.
Cold pressed gingelly oil, also known as Indian sesame oil, is a popular cooking. The Sesame seeds are ground with palm jaggery, to cut the bitterness from the sesame seeds and secondly to increase the shelf life of the oil. Thus, extracted using the ceramic cold press unit it helps to retain the heat sesnitive nutrients and flavour. Here are some of the potential health benefits and uses of cold pressed gingelly oil:
- Heart health: Gingelly oil is rich in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which can help to improve cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Antioxidants: Gingelly oil contains a variety of antioxidants, including sesamol and sesamin, which can help to protect the body against oxidative damage caused by free radicals.
- Anti-inflammatory: Gingelly oil has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to reduce inflammation throughout the body and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as arthritis.
Skincare: Gingelly oil can be used topically to moisturize and nourish the skin. It is often used in massage oils and other skincare products.
Cooking: Gingelly oil has a rich, nutty flavor that makes it a popular cooking oil in many cuisines. It is often used in stir-fries, marinades, dressings, and sauces.
Haircare: Gingelly oil can be used to moisturize and condition the hair.
Oil pulling: It cures the mouth ulcers.
It’s always a good idea to choose high-quality, consciously and minimally processed oils.
The sesame seeds are grown at our farm in Cheyyaar, Tamilnadu, without any pesticides. Tested Organic.